I got the opportunity to sit down recently with Kevin Ezell, who has been my pastor for 14 years, my boss for 8 years, and is now the new President at the North American Mission Board (NAMB). I asked him some questions about his transition to NAMB. Here is the audio of that interview where we get a glimpse of what Kevin’s heart is and what is in store for NAMB.
Interview with Ezell
Some of the questions asked are:
- How will NAMB put into practice the GCR recommendation to phase out the Cooperative Agreements with the State Conventions? What will NAMB’s relationship be now with the State Conventions?
- The GCR & the SBC said that they want NAMB’s primary focus to be church planting. Has that not been NAMB’s focus?
- Will NAMB partner with local churches of all sizes in doing church planting? Will NAMB explore partnerships with smaller SBC church planting networks?
- Will NAMB take on a regional outlook?
- What are 2-3 things you will try to accomplish immediately?
- Why did Highview Baptist not support the KBC/Annie Armstrong at a high level? Will this pose a problem for you in your role at NAMB? What if every church gave like Highview?
- How has your experience as a pastor prepared you for this role?
- Who are your heroes and major influences?
- AND MORE…
Baptist21 is extremely excited for the future of NAMB with Kevin at the helm. We pray that by God’s grace a multitude of gospel-centered churches will be planted across this nation in the years to come!
Switch to our mobile site